I'm mostly packed! Back home, but leaving tomorrow. I have a few errands to run in the morning, plus I am going to catch my friends Alysha and Sara once more before I leave. Tomorrow (Monday) afternoon my parents are driving me up to Columbus, Ohio and then I fly out Tuesday morning.
Since I last updated I fiddled around more with my new camera, meaning I have a few photos to share of my activities.
Ben made a very tasty Cinco de Mayo dinner of fish (for him) and tofu (a.k.a. to[e]fish; for me) tacos and corn and red peppers and other stuff. I already miss this. I also got to see some Kenyon friends before leaving. Bye, Gambier.
Then I ventured to Kentucky on Friday morning, got my hair cut, and met a kitten! Since then I've mostly been packing, reading, or running errands. I had a few last things to buy today and I got 100+ SPF sunscreen! I didn't know that existed, haha. But I probably need it, given my propensity to burn plus the fact that I'll be near the equator plus a side effect of my malaria pills being increased risk of sunburn. Let's hope my sunscreen works! And of course, I did some hanging out with Alysha and Sara at the hub, our number one Danville activity.
It's been nice to see people before taking off. My brother and sister came home from school for the weekend so I saw them too. Good thing Indiana, Ohio, and Kentucky are at least neighboring states so I could see people a bit more easily!
One last photo, so my new haircut can be seen:
Short! I think this is the shortest it has been since I was a very young child since it's a bit shorter than when I chopped it last summer.
It will be nice to be up and about tomorrow so I can finish my packing properly (I left some stuff out that I still need to use in the morning). Everything fits quite easily into my travel backpack and computer/camera bag but somehow I still feel like I've packed a lot and keep taking out clothes. I guess last time I traveled (to Iceland and Finland) I packed especially little, but that was for two weeks and I didn't need to bring work clothes or my computer and I didn't have a good camera. It is far nicer to have less to carry though, so I'm trying to keep it light.
Well, next time I update I suppose I'll be in Kenya! Now I am going to backup my computer. Ta until next time, then.




No comments:
Post a Comment